BILLING & FINANCE
- Patients are requested to visit our pre-admission centre at least 5 days before admission (if possible). Alternatively, hand in a completed pre-admission form at reception 48 hours prior to admission or complete our pre-admission documentation online.
- Always have your Identity Document and Medical Aid card at/on admission.
- Visit https://thesurgicalinstitute.com for more information or to send a query email.
Medical Aid Patients
- Please familiarize yourself with your medical scheme’s / insurer’s benefits and available funds before admission. Please provide the confirmation / pre-authorization number obtained from your scheme on your pre-admission form.
- Patients are reminded that the account remains their responsibility and is payable within 30 days of discharge.
- Certain medical schemes require a co-payment from the member for the portion of the treatment not covered by the medical scheme. This is payable by the patient on admission.
- Doctors, pathologists, anaesthetist and other service providers’ accounts are rendered independently from the hospital.
- A pre-payment covering the estimated cost of the procedure/service is required on admission. Should your account exceed this amount, the full final account is to be settled on discharge. Please note that the estimated amount is not a quote as there are variables that may influence the final amount.
- Every effort will be made to finalize the account on discharge. A waiting period of 30 to 60 minutes may be expected.
- If the deposit exceeds the final billed account, a refund will be issued to the patient within 30 days.
- On discharge, you are required to sign the discharge documentation. Failure to report to reception can result in an additional charge (of half a day’s accommodation) on your account.
- All applicable payments must be made on discharge.
Methods of Payment
- Bank-guaranteed cheque
- Credit card
- Debit card